Bird Baby Shower in Orange & Aqua
Decor: Crisp white with pops of orange and aqua. The orange poms are easy to make, directions can be found here. Using branches, hang baby photos of mom & dad, sonogram photos, mom’s belly, etc. with ribbon or thread. Darling banner by Nestables on Etsy. Check your local craft stores (or even flea markets & thrift stores) for old bird cages, spray paint them to match. Bird cages make great centerpieces but can also be used to house gifts, cards, words of advice, etc.
Tables: Make simple runners out of bright fabric, love this one by Amy Butler layer over white linens.
Flower Arrangements: Simple arrangements of stick and/or seasonal flowers. Sticking with seasonal flowers will help you stay budget friendly. Check your local farmers market, flower mart or roadside stands for great deals.
Fall-Dahlias, Chinese Lanterns and Chrysanthemum
Winter-Oranges. Sticks paired with oranges would also work wonderfully and is budget friendly!
Spring-Tulips and Ranunculus
Summer- Zinnias, Lillies & Gerber Daisies
I rarely buy sticks; rather take a nature walk and see what you can find, I love the character of sticks found outdoors vs. those purchased at a craft store (tip, let them dry out and “de-bug” for a few days in a cool dry location).
Food/Dessert: I love these bird cupcakes by Martha. The nest meringues are also cute and fitting with the theme. Top a simple cupcake with a felt bird topper by GiftsDefine. She also carries amazing mobiles which would be a perfect gift for baby. Pair these darling desserts with a simple menu for a great event.
Drinks: Water with orange slices, Izze sodas in Clementine & orange punch (or yummy orange martini).
Favors: Small nests can be found at your local craft store or online, place Jordon almonds or small soaps in the nests for your party favors. Nests can also double as place settings for a seated meal.
Gifts: 5 Piece baby gift set by Henry and Zoe. Check Etsy for amazing one of a kind bird inspired baby gifts, everything from clothing to mobiles to nursery prints.
1. Invite by DimplePrints
2. Branches, picture courtesy of www.curiouscountrycreations.com
3. Orange pom dahlia, picture courtesy of www.flickr.com
4. Fabric Banner Bunting by Nestables www.nestables.etsy.com
5. Baby Bird cupcakes, by Martha Stewart
6. Chinese Lantern branches (physalis), picture courtesy of www.flickr.com
7. Bird Cages, picture courtesy of www.parents.com
8. Orange Tissue Poms, picture by http://www.nested.com/
9. Nest Favors, www.weddingchannel.com
10. Amy Butler Belle Acanthus Duck Egg, picture courtesy of www.fabric.com
11. Felt Bird Topper by GiftsDefine, http://www.giftsdefine.etsy.com/
12. Baby Gift Set by Henry and Zoe, www.henryandzoe.etsy.com
13. Photos on branches, picture courtesy of Pottery Barn
14. Bird Nest meringue, courtesy of Family Fun